We officially have our first day of school today. We have done some little things last week, but today is the actual first day of the Fall Term.
Lucas is starting 2nd grade. He did his very first assignment in his first 'official' English book today. He then did 2 pages in his math book. When told to complete one page in his Phonics book this is what happened:
Me: Lucas, finish this page in your phonics book.
Lucas: (in a very impressive whiny voice) buuut, I've been writing alllll daaaay!
Me: You still need to finish this page.
Lucas: (as he pouts and shuffles out of the room) I'm just not made for this!
Yeah, it's going to be a fun year!
This is someplace for me to keep track of the memories that I seem to forget in the everyday routines of being a servant: of God, my husband and my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Start?
A test of sorts..... I think I'm going to try something old-new. It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I lo...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing...
-
A reflection on the past few weeks (I really am going to get better at tracking my weeks - I am!) Thankful for: * My husband. He is the...
lol lol lol!
ReplyDeleteand did I mention this occured at about 10:30 AM! He is too much!
Deleteohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy, it's gonna be a long school year ;)
ReplyDeletelol from me, too!! Mine have been rolling their eyes every time I mention starting on the 15th... Teenagers.
ReplyDeleteHave a terrific year, Karen!
xo Lisa