Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

My first Yarn Along for 2013

 
From Ginny
 ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Better late than never, right? I figure if I wait until next Wednesday, I will get distracted again and miss it - so here we go!

getting back into the blogging saddle - again.

Ironically, my last yarn along post was posted October 24, 2012 - exactly one year ago today.
Does that mean I have not been doing anything? No, I just have not been taking pictures. Olivia mentioned that she misses seeing the cool pictures I used to post here. I have missed them as well. So I decided to take a couple of the new project.

Here is my new project:

Lots of pieces

about half together

An afghan made to look like the fan quilt. This was actually my very first afghan pattern I made that involved following directions and piecing parts together. I had made it for an extremely good friend and lugged lovingly brought it to her in the Azores for a wedding present. (and if you have some time, visit her, she has AMAZING recipes there!)

Each square will have a multi-colored fan appliqued to the top. The crochet is going quickly, the putting together a bit more slowly. This is for a friend who quilts and just had a kitchen makeover that spilled painting into the family room. Hopefully the colors will fit. If not, I am sure her boys won't mind when they are cold what color the afghan is!

I am still reading a lot about gardening and homesteading, as well as jumping into GK Chesterton.

Going to link over with Ginny!

1 comment:

  1. I often look at beautiful quilts and wonder if they could be "crocheted" into existence. (Because I can't quilt and don't yet have the motivation to learn!) You've just shown it can be done! I think it looks great. X

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...