Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

An August Photo Dump

September 10th and I am finally getting around to emptying the camera of pictures from August.

What did we do last month? It seemed to start and end the same week. Did anyone else blink and miss August?

Let's see what the photo dump shows us:

The first weekend in August, Catherine and Nathaniel drove to Pennsylvania to visit with my brother and his family. The rest of us decided to go bowling, something we haven't done since Lucas was a baby.
We had a great time!







My friend dropped off about a bushel of peaches from her Dad's farm. Fresh picked about 2 hours before they arrived at my door. Lots of yummy-ness for this winter!




Nathaniel and Lucas spent a lot of time playing 'cops and robbers' around the house.  At some point, Nathaniel decided he needed a stockade for punishment. He found the wood and other necessary stuff around the house and when I got outside, I found this:


One weekend when Frank was away, I got to take Nathaniel to his Hunter Training class (he is getting ready for the Youth Pheasant Hunt the first Saturday in October) I finally got to see him shoot a rifle!


We got our first science experiment done!
Complete with Lab report and everything.

We were blessed with free! tickets to the New England Revolution soccer game. The Revs won 2-0 against the Chicago Fire. We had great seats and both goals were scored when the Revs were shooting at the net in front of us! 




Not bad for August!

2 comments:

  1. Such a happy time you all had to wrap up this summer! We haven't bowled for a few years; it's my older brother's thing to do, and he hasn't planned a family bowling night for ever (I'd better call him!). Love the stockade, by the way!

    Blessings, ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to say hi and invite you to enter a giveaway I have going on my blog this week. Hope you are enjoying fall and all it brings! ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...