Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fourth of July

While emptying my camera of pictures, I came across the ones I had taken from our cookout on the Fourth of July.

It was a small cookout.

Just us and our good friends. Everyone else was away.

We ate good food from the grill.

And even had some 'patriotic' desserts:




And although fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts, we even had some of those.

Just not quite what you would expect when you hear the word fireworks...

We had what the boys affectionately called "redneck fireworks".
K brought his homemade compressed air cannon and shot glow sticks into the air.
Nathaniel and his friend A popped paper bags so we even had sound.
The best part?: reusable!
The littles ran around gathering all the glow sticks to shoot out again!

Way too much fun for everyone! We are definitely going to do this again, and again!

(the pictures are yucky - too much light for the flash to work correctly; not enough light to come out right)
K filling the cannon with glow sticks


can you see them? way up top? Not bad!



2 comments:

  1. Karen!

    Was hoping you'd be back...I so enjoy your posts. :)

    Glad you had a fun 4th. I think we made the same cupcakes! You'll have to take a look (here) to see for yourself. Too funny. :)

    Blessings,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Lisa!
    It is good to be back. And my brain is starting to feel better - now to get the rest of the draft posts finished and out into the blog-o-sphere!
    Thank you so much for your very kind words, you made me smile
    blessings
    K

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...