Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

A letter to Catherine

Dear Catherine,

Today is your birthday. I am having a tough time wrapping my brain around you turning 17.


 


working on the presentation that would take her to Kentucky for Nationals
 I remember bringing you home from the hospital and wondering what I was going to do with 2 little girls. And then I wondered how I was going to survive your colicky phase. Really? Every afternoon from 4 until about 8, you screamed. And screamed. And kept screaming. The only two things that would make you happy were the swing and walking with me. I did like that part; the walking not the swing!



You always had a smile that would draw everyone in the vicinity to you. You still have that smile. Don't lose it. You have such a great ability to bring that smile to everyone around you.

You have always loved to help and make those around you happy. And you still do! Watching you play with your younger sisters and brothers.

With 4 younger siblings and a baby cousin


From the time each new addition entered the house, you were so excited and helpful. Actually, I don't know how we could have made it through the last 2 without your expertise in running the house.

There were many moments when I was convinced you could run this place better than I.


And the love you show your grandparents: AMAZING. A more thoughtful person is hard to find.

You are becoming such a lovely young woman. I am so proud of you and who you are. I am beyond happy to be able to introduce you as my daughter.


I hope you have a wonderful birthday and many more to come.

I love you,
Mommy



4 comments:

  1. Thats the sweetest post ever! A lucky daughter for a wonderful mother, I would say :)


    (btw, I'll email you over the weekend, I promise!!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious gift your beautiful daughter must be to you and your family! My oldest daughter is turning 25 this September. Sigh.

    Blessings,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a precious gift! we hit the 20's next year. I can wait.

      blessings
      Karen

      Delete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...