Here is the blurb from Suscipio:
A Catholic Woman’s Almanac or CWA.
Let’s get together each Monday and share where we are in this great big world, what we’re reading, cooking, pondering, praying, etc. Feel free to make this your own, add or subtract as necessary.
I have put the categories as they were listed on the first CWA at Suscipio. I am sure I will be changing these a bit!
Moments of Gratitude(Your gratitude list)
~My teenagers who run errands for me so I don't have to leave the house.
~My teenagers who run errands for me so I don't have to leave the house.
~My husband who spends a week camping with his son for Scouts
~washing machine
~my clothesline
~a dishwasher
~very special friends
~my Mother-in-Law: what a gift she is
~my Mommy - I do love her very much!
~free fun things to do at the library
~wonderful friends who know just what to say
~a very handy husband
~washing machine
~my clothesline
~a dishwasher
~very special friends
~my Mother-in-Law: what a gift she is
~my Mommy - I do love her very much!
~free fun things to do at the library
~wonderful friends who know just what to say
~a very handy husband
Beauty in the Ordinary (Finding God in the ordinary)
Laundry. I love doing laundry; especially this time of year. What a great time to remember to pray for my family and the gift they are for me. God is good. (He makes sure I have a lot of laundry to pray a whole bunch!)
Laundry. I love doing laundry; especially this time of year. What a great time to remember to pray for my family and the gift they are for me. God is good. (He makes sure I have a lot of laundry to pray a whole bunch!)
From the Kitchen (What’s cookin’?)
Lots of squash!
Zucchini muffins
dinner tonight: spaghetti and meatballs
Praying (Who or what are you taking to God in prayer)
For Pat at church. A more gracious lady you will never meet. She is battling Stage 4 cancer. She has been given less than 2 years. She told me she has great faith in God and His miracles.
dinner tonight: spaghetti and meatballs
Praying (Who or what are you taking to God in prayer)
For Pat at church. A more gracious lady you will never meet. She is battling Stage 4 cancer. She has been given less than 2 years. She told me she has great faith in God and His miracles.
For 2 of Frank's uncles just diagnosed with the same cancer his Dad had. This is tough for the whole family.
Meditating (Let’s purposefully choose an event of our Lord’s life or an article of our faith to meditate on this week)
I have been really thinking about the hemorrhaging woman. Faith can do amazing things.
Pondering (What’s got you saying ‘Hmmm’ this week)
After Mass yesterday, Pat was telling me about her cancer deal and she said to me: "I don't really have much time left. I don't plan to spend it feeling sorry for myself. I don't want to waste the time I have." That statement has been on my mind ever since. I don't want to waste the time I have left either - no matter how much.
Reading (Share what you’re reading)
The Knitting Experience - knit stitch; by Sally Melville (I have this from the library for the 7th time - I finally ordered my own copy - it should arrive Tuesday)
Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst
G is for Gold Medal - Sleeping Bear Press ~ I finally ordered this and
Memorizing (Our Catholic faith is rich with the Word of God and prescribed prayers from the saints and Holy Mother Church, let’s make the commitment to hide them in our heart, together)
Not memorizing, exactly; but I am hoping to get back to saying the Divine Office daily again - at least morning and night prayers.
Pinned (What caught your attention on Pinterest this week)
Oh, I don't pin! This will probably be changed to crafting found or done or something like that. I have a feeling if I went to Pinterest, I would never come back.
Looking Ahead (What’s on your ‘To Do List’ this week?)
Plumber coming to redo some drains in the basement so the contractor can start framing the rooms by Wednesday.
Doctor appointments for my Mother-in-Law and Frank.
Work outside the home
Work inside the home
Try to get something done with the littles to celebrate the beginning of the Olympics
Captured (Share a picture)
Linking this with others at Suscipio

Teens to run errands so I don't have to leave the house sounds nice...a few more years. I'm going to make zucchini muffins this week. I shredded up a couple of big ones and froze them, but I would rather freeze muffins than raw, shredded squash.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up. I hope to see you next week.
I have 10 bags of frozen shredded zucchini for the winter baking. I will freeze the muffins as well, but the shredded veggies take up less room (plus my family loves the right out of the oven hot muffins)
Deletethanks for stopping by!
So glad I popped over - you've given me an idea for what to do with lots of my zucchini!
ReplyDeleteI'm so looking forward to my teens running errands...only a couple of years until they drive...
Love-love-love your raised beds!
got a great relish recipe for zucchini as well - this year I didn't have enough to do the relish and the muffins (I have to make sure I have LOTS of shredded zucchini for the winter baking)
DeleteThank you for popping over