Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Small Steps: A New Month, A New Virtue


Note to self:

Dear Karen,

You have been posting and blogging for a while now. And some days are more blog-worthy than others - you think.

Remember: All is good, all comes from God. Just because YOU don't think it is good, does not mean God can't change if for you.

You have spent the last few weeks working to remember to accept God's Grace.

To accept His gifts for you.

Now, accept His help in becoming more gentle.

Gentle: not a word you use other than to tell older children to treat their younger siblings more gentle.

Now you must remind yourself to treat the younger ones in your life, as well as the olders, more gentle.

Watch your words, watch your tone, watch your facial expressions.

Reflect daily:
Are you gentle when disciplining?
Are you gentle when playing?
Are you gentle when teaching?
Are you gentle with your husband?
Are you gentle when dealing with your relatives, in-laws, friends?

A good time of year to practice gentleness. You can do it, with His help!

Love,
Me

off to Elizabeth's to see other thoughts on gentleness....

1 comment:

  1. Karen, thanks for posting this I think I will borrow your "Reflect daily"...Paula

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...