For the past 10 years, I have planned to incorporate Music and Art into the curriculum. As with many things around here - reality is much different than theory. I have purchased many things over the past years and am hoping to actually use some of them this year.
This year is the year of ART - we will be using Sleeping Bear Press' 'M is for Masterpiece' as our spine. For each letter, I have planned an art project related to the letter's subject. After our first go through, we will go through the book again and will concentrate on the artists and types of art and will use the book for an art appreciation starter course.
Along with that we will be using Mommy, It's a Renoir, mostly for fun and getting familiar with famous paintings. I finally got the folders for steps 1 - 5 completed and set up on the art shelves.
I also found, for the art shelves, Baby Einstein's ABC's of Art picture cards. They are 8x8 cards with a beautiful picture on each card. I have also added some oversized art picture books for the littles to look through during the year as well.
I am hoping this will add some very much needed fun to our school week.
This is someplace for me to keep track of the memories that I seem to forget in the everyday routines of being a servant: of God, my husband and my children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Start?
A test of sorts..... I think I'm going to try something old-new. It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I lo...
-
From Ginny ~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing...
-
A reflection on the past few weeks (I really am going to get better at tracking my weeks - I am!) Thankful for: * My husband. He is the...
No comments:
Post a Comment