Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

New Additions

Instead of waiting until I get caught up, I am just going to post happenings and get the 'catch-up' posts in between when I have time.


We have some new additions to the homestead:

ANTICIPATION:
Getting the new home all set:
the box is 4'x4'x2'
Frank and Nathaniel built this box from some old scrap lumber around the garage
ARRIVAL:
Here they are! 18 new chicks (although, I think I actually counted 19)
Yeah, Frank counted and said we did have 19, not 18
They are Rhode Island Reds, Production Reds and Silver Wyandottes


GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!
I tried to get a picture of the chicks and my littles were in the way!
you would think they have never seen a baby chick before!


IN THE NEW HOME
The strange color is from the heat lamps
quite the lively bunch we have this time


VISITING THE MAIN HOUSE
Ginny really doesn't know what to do with these new additions
Frank loves to bring the babies in and get Ginny to be gentle with them - too funny


My favorite picture from this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...