Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

M is for Masterpiece: M


M is for Museum,
Where you stand in line,
so you and famous art
can spend some quality time.
Museum.

Um, I don't have one here, so we must have to go somewhere else!

I really hadn't planned to go to a museum last Wednesday (11/28), but everyone was out of sorts and we weren't getting anything else done, so I gave everyone, including Maria, 5 minutes to get ready and into the car to go out.

We ended up at the New Bedford Museum of Art. A quick trip from home, a fairly inexpensive entrance fee ($11 for the 6 of us) and we got out of the house.

We walked around the museum (that took all of about 10 minutes. Did I mention it was a small art museum?) and then I had the kids pick something they really liked and to draw it.

I did take pictures of what the kids drew, but I am not going to post them as I wasn't supposed to take pictures at all. So here are some of the littles drawing:

Nathaniel chose to copy a pencil drawing of a bird in a vice.




 The girls chose to draw some 3 dimensional art that was being put out that was done by some of the volunteers at the museum.




Lucas picked a few landscape paintings.






and then a bird...


Not a bad trip and we finally got past M. Now on to N. I think the rest should be easier, I don't have to leave the house to get something done (and I am pretty sure I still have all the supplies I bought over a year ago in anticipation for this book project.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...