Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy St Nicholas Day

I didn't think I would get this done this year. We had a very busy beginning of the week and all of sudden, BAM! it was 6pm on December 5 and we didn't get anything done yet (I will post our big day yesterday in a bit.)

BUT: we got it finished!

Our traditional "Turn Santa into St Nicholas" craft:

the supplies
instructions are HERE

I think they came out pretty good this year

and after wrapping St Nicholas presents in the bathroom this morning (what? you don't do that?) I got it all laid out in anticipation of unwrapping:

under the Jesse Tree

printout out HERE for the coins

All Set!
I didn't get the littles new slippers this year. They all got some last year, and to be honest, we don't really wear slippers. My hubby installed radiant heat, so the floors are very warm and slippers are not necessary (yeah, it's rough) But, most of them did need new socks, so that is what is under the Jesse Tree (except for Nathaniel who didn't need socks, but had requested new undershirts - it fits, right?)

Off to begin another fun-filled day!

May you all have a Blessed St Nicholas Day

A PRAYER FOR CHILDREN

God, we pray that through the
intercessions of St. Nicholas
you will guide and protect our children.

Keep them safe from all harm
and help them grow to become
loving disciples of Jesus in your sight.

Give them strength to always mature
into deeper faith in you,
and to keep alive joy in your creation.

Through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
—by Father David R. Engbarth, St. Nicholas Church, Aurora, Illinois

2 comments:

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...