Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

An Advent Plan - 2012

ADVENT!


One of my favorite times of year: second only to Lent and Easter.

I have a plan.
It is almost the same as last year's plan.
The books are the same.
Most of the crafts will be the same (maybe some slight modifications based on what worked last year and what didn't).

We will have a new Jesse Tree (oh, can't wait for the box to arrive today!)

I am adding a new book this year. Back to my favorite publisher: Sleeping Bear Press.

S is for Star: A Christmas Alphabet.


I got this book last year right after Christmas. I have been planning this book ever since (I do my best Advent planning next to the pool in July) This will actually work well with our family gifts to our friends and the littles will all help in getting everything ready. I am hoping this will eliminate the rush and do all at once issues I usually end up with. We will be reading this book each day (some days will have 2 letters) and I have planned an activity or craft for most of the letters. I even got all the supplies and am ready to go - I hope!

(Now to see if I can actually document what we get done for future reference!)


1 comment:

  1. A blessed Advent season to you, dear Karen! Oh how I wish more families would embrace the joy of celebrating Advent! Our church always has an Advent wreath which each Sunday is lit by a different couple or family -- yesterday my oldest son and his wife were the lucky ones. :) We, of course, do an Advent wreath at home on our dining table and enjoy taking turns lighting the candles each Sunday as we progress through the four weeks leading up to Christmas. Tradition is so sweet!

    Blessings to you and your family as you anticipate the celebration of the coming of our precious Lord!

    ~Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...