Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Clean Up ... or:

"what happens when Mom gets frustrated with little, and big, boys and their room..."

I have been increasingly frustrated with the state of the boys' room. No matter how often they are sent to the room to pick up, it never seems - well - picked up.

Nathaniel has been asking for a desk for his room for a while now. A soon-to-be- teenager needs a desk in his room.

My mother-in-law had a doctor's appt Tuesday morning. We were done in 45 minutes (extremely quick for this particular doctor!) I made the suggestion to go to IKEA to look at some desks in person that Nathaniel and I had seen in the catalog. We were about 5 minutes from the store and I had never been to IKEA. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

2 and 1/2 hours later, I left IKEA with a very tired mother-in-law, a much lighter wallet, and lots of stuff to put together.

BEFORE:
Nathaniel's "desk" made from a folding tray table with
a cabinet shelf duct taped to the wall and table.
(really not sturdy and so not good for the wall)




AFTER:

I switched the bed and the bureau to make room for the new desk and bookcase for Nathaniel. I pulled everything off the shelves and out of the closet. I purged and cleaned and put all keeper stuff back.




I also got a storage unit for Lucas to use for his stuff. It has 2 big bins in RED, of course, for him to be able to dump stuff. I figure bins would work better for him.



I am rather happy with how things turned out.

Now for them to keep it this way!

2 comments:

  1. Oh....Ikea will suck you in that way! There should be a warning label on the door. It's probably a very good thing we don't have one out here. Love the room and the paint color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks
      IKEA has been here for a couple years and I have managed to avoid them - mostly because there wasn't anything I needed and/or could afford to get ... really should not go back! Lovely place but I felt like the children going into the candy garden in Willy Womka's Chocolate Factory (old version) I wanted everything - even if I didn't really.

      The color we did about 7 years ago when we had the whole upstairs painted. It is probably due for a refresh, but other than bright red, the boys don't really want a new color, and I am good with not painting it again.

      Blessings
      K

      Delete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...