Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

B is for Boston!

As part of B week, we are studying Boston! Because I am trying to actually do more 'fun' stuff with school this year (for as long as I hold out!) I thought a trip to Boston Garden would be fun.... we read:

                

and then went for a ride on the swan boats and on a trek to find the statues... Boston Gardens is actually two parts and the section of the Gardens where the boats and ducklings are is a section I have never been to! Shameful to think I lived in the Boston area for almost 45 years, actually went to college in Boston for 5 years and worked there for 3 1/2 years (on the edge of the Gardens) and never went on a swan boat ride or saw this part of the Gardens!

 
Sign at the entrance

on the entrance gates

Swan boats!

our ticket to get on

patiently waiting

enjoying the ride

the island in the pond

the ducklings!

Beautiful! we will have to get back there again.

More on B week to come! (We need to finish up A stuff with Apple Picking and Applesauce making)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...