Well, that first week went not so well. I totally was expecting me to overcome a year's worth of negativity and have a fabulous week. Yeah, not so much. But it was a great lesson for last week's quote: to be patient with myself. Hopefully I can build on this knowledge and keep moving forward.
"...many persons clothe themselves with certain outward actions connected with holy devotion and the world believes that they are truly devout and spiritual whereas they are in fact nothing but copies and phantoms of devotion."
I thought it was interesting the Holy Spirit led me to this verse the time before Lent begins. I have SO many plans for Lent. And I need to remember that doing all these things doesn't make Lent better. As a matter of fact, my spiritual director asked me this week: "you have the doing all set, when are you going to just be?" Um, just be? Like where it says in the Bible "Be still and know I am God"? (Ps 46:10)
Being still hasn't been a problem. I can't seem to get out of my own lazy way to get something on the list done (which then spirals to a complete opposite of being patient with myself). However, I am sure Fr Tom was asking me when I was going to be still and spend some quiet time with God. The quiet time for which I think I don't have time. (but seem to have tons of time to master my Minesweeper game)
So this week: continue to work on that patience with myself (and yes, most definitely work on patience with all those people gifts I live with) and to work on leaving the computer and spending time with God to see what HE wants me to do this Lenten Season.

No comments:
Post a Comment