Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yarn Along Jan 22

Joining Ginny today for the yarn along. I have started another afghan; but I am not sure I am going to keep working on it. It involves 9 skeins of yarn that are carried through the project. Tangled doesn't even begin to describe the mess in my bag right now. If I can figure out how to do this, I will get a picture for next week!

I did want to post a picture of the finished afghan for my mom that I had shown on the last yarn-along post. It is amazing how much crocheting and sewing you can done during football games!

laid out on my bed

close-up of the edging
Mom had mentioned she liked the random pattern better than the color-rainbow pattern. I am pretty pleased with the pattern.

Reading - no, not so much. Still reading Organized Simplicity. Not sure why, but eventually I will get back to reading multiples again.

Off to see what is going on at Ginny's!

6 comments:

  1. Great afghan! I like all those colors came together. And you did a great job in the finishing work on the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it random too! And the edging is done so well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The afghan looks good. I can empathize with the tangled yarns although I've never used more than three yet and one of them was tunisian where the yarn untangles itself on the reverse pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The edging is perfect - can't wait for it to be delivered (or do I have to come to pick it up?!!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the randomness of the colors. Looks really good. I like that your Mom used 10 exclamation points. So sweet. Have a lovely afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. apparently I got my love of the exclamation point from my mom! haha!!

    I will deliver - silly - I need to see it at its new home

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...