Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Busy Saturday

A day to remember. Like: remember when you spent 5 days cleaning the basement? or: remember when you were so proud of your children? or: how about: remember that really cool snow that fell? or: ....

yeah it was one of those busy days that I actually can tell you what I did! I usually feel like I am running all day and don't know where I went. Saturday, I know where I went.

A general run-down of my day:

**  To the basement to check on the progress of getting back to its 'supposed-to-be-in' shape. Not bad.

**  Up to the kitchen to have breakfast (the rumbling tummy reminded me that I forgot to feed me when feeding the others earlier)

**  Up to the attic. OY! I have been saying for the past few years after every Christmas that I was going up there to straighten things out. Um, yeah. Saturday was the day. Mostly because I could not throw (literally) anything else up there. The entrance at the top of the pull-down staircase was packed. All my school books were all over the place and getting kicked around if anyone wanted anything. All the Christmas things were thrown (again, literally) all over the right side of the attic, and there were boxes and bags of clothes everywhere.
Seriously, you don't believe me? Look:
When you poke your head up into the attic and look behind,
this is what you saw; amazing! who knew this much stuff
could fit in an attic?

When you poke your head up and look to the left, this
is what you see - scary, isn't it?

and at the top of the pull-down staircase, this is what you
run in to - literally!
**  After about 1.5 hours of work, I went down for a lunch break and to head to the store to get some more shelving for all the stuff.
The pictures I took at lunch time:
now the pile on the left - getting there!

a slightly more organized area behind

**  I discovered the rain that had been falling when I headed up to the attic had changed to snow; very pretty snow. Had to take a picture of my house!
it was like being in a snow-globe - absolutely beautiful
** In the car with Frank to get some shelving for the attic - had to keep taking pictures of the snow - Frank thought I was nuts!
apparently I have to practice taking pictures through windows
of moving cars!
** Back to the attic to try to get the Christmas stuff organized.

**  After another couple hours in the attic, had to get down stairs to get ready for a banquet.
yeah - I refused to take pictures of the aftermath of this one. I had taken everything on the right side of the attic and spread it all over the newly-organized left side. I did have a method to my madness; it is just messy!

**  In the car to head off to the County's annual 4-H recognition dinner. All three girls were invited to the banquet to be recognized for something: Catherine for participating in the county teams for Horse Judging, Horse Bowl, and Hippology as well as being on the National team for Horse Bowl. Isabel for being on the Horse Judging Horse Bowl and Hippology Junior teams and for representing the county in the state Visual Presentation competition. Julianne for representing the county in the state Visual Presentation competition.

Julianne - enjoying the food 
receiving the award certificate and pin for participating
in the State VP competition

Catherine sitting with her friend who was also on the
MA National team
when did my girls get so grown up?

Isabel receiving one of her awards

Catherine in line to get her certificate for being on the
National team (she is the one in the blue!)
**  Then back home (by 9:30) to work on my mom's afghan for a bit more

all the squares done - now to finish weaving ends and
sewing them all together!
All in all, a rather productive and fun day. What? You don't have fun when cleaning and organizing your attic? A rather nice start to a more organized and productive 2014. And I don't think I yelled all day, a bonus booster for my GENTLE year!

Full disclosure: I started this Saturday night. Only got is posted on Tuesday as I was busy with Mass and football on Sunday, mourning on Sunday night that the Patriots lost to Denver, and then finishing up the attic on Monday - updated pictures coming: off to get ready for the storm that comes our way this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my almost done afghan!!! Can't wait to see it on our new chocolate brown leather couch - I know it will look AMAZING. Thank you hon. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...