Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Trucks, Trucks, and More Trucks

A bit over a week ago (May 24th), my friend, Wendy, told me about this really cool thing going on in Plymouth. Every year they have a DPW day (Department of Public Works) at the library.


 All the sections of the DPW drive all the equipment to the Library and children can come and check out all the trucks.

As my friend puts it: "It is 'touch-a-truck' on steroids"


However, I was expecting a bunch of people that night for dinner and cake and ice cream to celebrate a birthday. My house looked like a war zone- no really, it did! I still had cake and ice cream cake to make. Not to mention shopping for dinner. I really didn't have time to go.


But, I made another friend proud and ignored the cleaning and cooking issues and packed up Julianne and Lucas and went. Not that we didn't want to take everyone, but Isabel was at my Mom and Dad's house for her birthday sleep-over, and Nathaniel was working with Frank.

So it was just the three of us. And we even stopped at McDonalds to make it an extra treat!

And this is what the two of them looked like pretty much the entire time we were there:



Yeah, happy, happy children


They had back-hoes, snow plows, dirt trucks, forestry trucks; pick a truck!

Wendy did forgot to mention: LOUD!
As in all the children cannot resist the horn.
And the air horns can get mighty loud.

And did I mention they hand out ice cream and popcorn?

And Digsafe hats and plastic 'hard hats'?

and recycle stuff like a white board with marker and pens and paper?

The forestry department had a display about harmful bugs - very cool! 

The water department even had a set up to show how long it takes for a dripping faucet to fill a one-gallon bottle. (forgot to take a picture of that). They also had a cut out fire hydrant so the littles could see the inside:

Julianne is strange! have no clue what Lucas is looking at.

We had a ball! We are going next year. Nathaniel told me I have to make sure he is home next year for this trip!

Some pictures of the trucks and my happy children:




No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Start?

A test of sorts.....  I think I'm going to try something old-new.  It has been too many years since my last post. The world's differ...