I joined an ornament swap with Jessica at Housewifespice.
Like, last week.
Cuz I am not the only one who procrastinates and thinks of things like this 2 weeks before Advent. Yup, had to join just so I could say there are at least 31 other women who are as
![]() |
| our favorite Jesse Tree book |
32 of us agreed to pick a symbol from the Jesse Tree and make 32 ornaments for that symbol. We will then send them to Jessica and she will take all these ornaments (anyone do the math yet? it is 1,024 ornaments!) and create 32 Jesse Tree ornament sets and then mail them out to each of us. Oh, what a brave woman she is!
I picked Adam for my ornament symbol.
And then I picked the Earth. (my children thought I should have picked the sun and then I could just do one color and be done; humph, what fun is that?)
I chose to get some plastic ornaments and then paint the inside (want to make sure the paint doesn't wear off). Who knew that would be harder than it looks.
The finished ornament:
| and yes, I did pick one of the better ones to take a picture |
(I so didn't get to do the step-by-step tutorial ala Charlotte - oh, go see the beautiful Elizabeth she made!)
All packaged up and mailed out this afternoon.
I am so giddy to get the completed box of assorted Jesse Tree ornaments! Judging by the pictures Jessica posted, I am going to have one good looking Jesse Tree this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment